If you’re like me, you’re experiencing some resistance and failure in the face of your New Year’s goals. We often become overwhelmed with shame, frustration, and self-hatred over a lack of progress, sometimes abandoning goals that were once deeply important to us. If you resonate with this, I challenge you to take a few minutes to review the following resources. Getting up after a perceived failure is HARD and creating long-term change is VERY HARD. But we created our worthy goals for meaningful reasons and it is essential that we rise up, dust ourselves off, and get back on track. Our futures selves will thank us.
- Recovering from Relapse (Science & a helpful tool for starting over)
- The Inspiration Community (Facebook Group)
3. Getting Back On Track to Achieve Your Goals After Losing Focus (Bo Eason video)
4. Why Habits and Addictions Are So Hard to Break (Candeo video)
5. Get Up And Finish the Race (Chariots of Fire video clip)
6. You Can Do It!
-Written by Forest Benedict, MA, SATP-C, LMFT, Clinical Director of LifeSTAR of the Central Valley If you benefited from this article, please “follow” us on this blog and on Twitter, “like” us on Facebook, and SHARE this article and blog with others. Thank you!